× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M4100-24G-POE+ switch has no POE

MCEComputers
Apprentice

M4100-24G-POE+ switch has no POE

I have M4100-24G-POE+ switch that is working fine except for POE.

I found this post with a similar issue and tried downgrading the firmware to 10.0.2.26 but Poe Version on the System Management page stills shows N/A. I tried 10.0.2.13 and 10.0.2.20 with the same results, PoE Version N/A.

I have now updated the firmware back to 10.0.2.35, which is what was on the switch when I got it used.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do next?

Is this a software/firmware problem or a hardware failure? How can I check and can it be fixed if it is hardware?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
MCEComputers
Apprentice

Re: M4100-24G-POE+ switch has no POE

Thanks for that information. The switch was purchased used so it would not be covered by the warranty.

I finally had an opportunity to open the case a take a look inside. I found that the original fans had been replaced and the POE power board had apparently been unplugged for easier access to the fan connectors. The plug for the POE section had not been plugged in all the way. I pulled the plug and pushed it back in properly. When I started the switch back up all of the POE configuration information was back and the ports were supplying power as expected. Everything has been working fine since, so that seems to have been the cause.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@MCEComputers,

Let us try to perform a factory reset on your M4100-24G-POE+ then observe if the same problem will occur.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
MCEComputers
Apprentice

I have factory reset the switch several times while trying to troubleshoot the problem.

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@MCEComputers,

Thank you for your response.  It would be best if you open a support ticket with the NETGEAR Support Team here at anytime for a hardware check.  If ever the M4100-24G-POE+ has been declared faulty, be ready to submit a soft copy of the Proof of Purchase of it for warranty verification.  If the hardware warranty is still valid, an online replacement will be processed.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
MCEComputers
Apprentice

Thanks for that information. The switch was purchased used so it would not be covered by the warranty.

I finally had an opportunity to open the case a take a look inside. I found that the original fans had been replaced and the POE power board had apparently been unplugged for easier access to the fan connectors. The plug for the POE section had not been plugged in all the way. I pulled the plug and pushed it back in properly. When I started the switch back up all of the POE configuration information was back and the ports were supplying power as expected. Everything has been working fine since, so that seems to have been the cause.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements