× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: M4100-26G-POE - Loaded factory defaults and now POE Status is Off

some
Initiate

M4100-26G-POE - Loaded factory defaults and now POE Status is Off

Loaded factory defaults. After load I am able to configure everything that need on the switch, except POE status. I am using the web UI and not command line. I am not familar with command line.

POE status shows "off". I can not find anywhere in the UI to turn it on. I have access to adjust POE for each interface, but no global setting for the unit.

Switch is running 10.0.1.27firmware with B1.0.1.1 boot version. POE version 1.3.0.2

Would love a little direction on how to turn POE for the switch.

Thanks in advance.

Model: M4100-26G-POE (GSM7226LPv1h1)|22‐port GE + 4 GE Combo L2 Managed PoE Switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
some
Initiate

Thanks for the help. 

I did update the firmware to the latest version.

Problem found: Rookie mistake. POE is not offered on ports 25-26. I moved to port 24 and bam. The POE enabled device powered on and the system shows the POE status as running.

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @some,

As I have double-checked the M4100 user manual here, there is no setting to globally turn on the PoE Status. 

The current firmware of your M4100-26G-POE switch is already outdated, I suggest you update the firmware to the latest version which is v10.0.2.26.  You can download it here.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
msi
Luminary
Luminary

I wanted to add that on an M4100 switch I recently saw PoE off when no PoE device were attached to, so this might be one aspect. Updating to the latest version is certainly a good idea. The M4100 line doesn't get much updates these days anyway.

I have an M4100 on 10.0.2.26 which runs PoE firmware 1.8.0.1. After the reboot into the new firmware PoE will remain switched off and you'll see a message about a PoE firmware update being executed. Until that process finishes, the PoE board will not power any attached device. This should take between 10-20' if I remember correctly.

Also it is quite likely that you may have to wait 10-20' after the reboot into an update firmware since the M4100 had some

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @msi,

I inquired your concern to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support.  As per the higher tier of NETGEAR Support, it might be just a problem with the specific M4100-26G-POE switch you have and it needs a replacement. 

I suggest you to open a chat or online support ticket with NETGEAR Support at anytime.  Kindly state your concern as well as you can provide this forum thread as reference.  Attach a .doc or .pdf copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of your M4100-26G-POE switch for warranty verification.  If ever the hardware warranty is still valid, an online replacement will follow.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
some
Initiate

Thanks for the help. 

I did update the firmware to the latest version.

Problem found: Rookie mistake. POE is not offered on ports 25-26. I moved to port 24 and bam. The POE enabled device powered on and the system shows the POE status as running.

Thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements