× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M4100 26g won't let me log in via console after reset?

Asunnyday
Follower

M4100 26g won't let me log in via console after reset?

I would like to factory reset my switch.

I have connected to switch via the console port and can get to the point where it asks for "User:"  

According the the online literature the User = admin, and there should not be a password. However, when I leave password blank it wont let me log in?  Ive also tried "password" and "admin" in the password field but it keeps just asking me for "User:" again??

I have reset the switch by holding down the reset button until the switch reboots but this does not help?

ANy ideas what i need to do?

Model: M4100-26G (GSM7224v2h2)|ProSAFE 26-port Gigabit Fully Managed L2 Switch
Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: M4100 26g won't let me log in via console after reset?

@Asunnyday,

The reset button at the front panel of the M4100-26G switch just reboots the switch. 

Since you wanted to reset the M4100-26G switch to factory default settings, kindly access the article below:

M4100: Boot Menu - read the section about Accessing the Boot Menu on M4100 and Factory Default the Switch

Another option:  If ever you are still able to access the web-GUI of the M4100-26G switch, go to Maintenance > Reset > Factory Default then select the check box and click the APPLY button.  As reference, read pages 407-408 of the M4100 user manual here on how to Reset the Switch to Factory Default Settings using the web-GUI.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: M4100 26g won't let me log in via console after reset?

@Asunnyday,

I just want to follow-up on this.  We’d greatly appreciate your feedback.

Otherwise, if ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements