× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: M4100-50g bought used, need factory reset, have no IP Adress, no login data

Cochones8
Aspirant

M4100-50g bought used, need factory reset, have no IP Adress, no login data

Hi I bougt a used M410050G from a corporate insolvency. I added it to a existing system of 3 GS724T.

Now not all of the Ports on the 4100 work - so i think its a confeiguration problem...maybe the corporation did no nreset i there are VLANs configured or sth. Now i need a full factory reset for it to work. I have a whole office Building with dead phones right now 😉

Problem is i cant find the IP adress of the M4100. Netgear Switch disc tool cant find it ether...the standart Ips doesnt work...

Tried to scan for ip adresses, but in none of the usual ranges sth is to find.

Questions: How can i find that thing? How can i reset it? Can i reset it without the login data??

Thanks for Your help!

Daniel 

Model: M4100-50G (GSM7248v2h2)|ProSafe 50 ports gigabits fully managed L2 switch
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Ah - it's a boot menu, power-off the switch, it will only show up after power-on at boot time obviously.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 12

All Replies
Cochones8
Aspirant

No ideas?
Model: M4100-50G (GSM7248v2h2)|ProSafe 50 ports gigabits fully managed L2 switch
Message 2 of 12
schumaku
Guru

Message 3 of 12
Cochones8
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply.
But how can i reach that boot menu without having the ip of the switch? I ran ipscans for hours already...
Message 4 of 12
schumaku
Guru

Message 5 of 12
Cochones8
Aspirant

Thank you! I managed to reach the menu, but the systems asks for a user and password now...default Usernames and PWs dont work... ideas?

Message 6 of 12
schumaku
Guru

Boot menu item #11 should allow a factory reset, reverting to the default config. 

Message 7 of 12
Cochones8
Aspirant

Problem is i dont reach the boot Menu. I connect via TEP and if i make any input tue System request is: user: followed by Password: standarts dont work
Message 8 of 12
schumaku
Guru

You are convinced using the correct serial port as connected and not any kind of telnet or ssh on the terminal emulation program?

M4100 USB and DB9 serial console.JPG

Message 9 of 12
Cochones8
Aspirant

I connected a regular Mini usb cable to the switch and i am using the port that comes up as i connect the cable (com5 becomes available). I installed the usb driver from the netgear Website. I get a blank Cursor abd can make Inputs. As i do -i get prompted with user: followed by Password: .... ans thats it. But i am not quite sure if i did everything right as i am using TEP for the First time... thx for your Help and a nice christmas time for you 😉
Message 10 of 12
schumaku
Guru

Ah - it's a boot menu, power-off the switch, it will only show up after power-on at boot time obviously.

Message 11 of 12
Cochones8
Aspirant

Oh my god o cant believe i didnt recognize this! Thx a lot. Shame on me abd praise for you 🙂
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements