× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M4100-D12G Configuring VLANs with shared Internet access

Budgie4
Tutor

M4100-D12G Configuring VLANs with shared Internet access

My switch is a GSM5212 with v. 10.0.2.26, (B1.0.1.1) firmware. I am tryng to configure routing VLANs with shared internet access using the guide at :- https://kb.netgear.com/30818/How-to-configure-routing-VLANs-on-a-NETGEAR-managed-switch-with-shared-...

I have followed the guide exactly and DHCP is working on all three VLANs but I am not able to configure the routing on my firewall and cannot be sure that I have the switch totally correct as I cannot ping the firewall from either of the VLANs not directly connected, even though the default route in the switch is set to the firewall port address.

I would be grateful if somebody could please help with diagnosis of my errors!!!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: M4100-D12G Configuring VLANs with shared Internet access

@Budgie4,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Budgie4,

As per checking on your profile that your device has a lifetime phone and chat support. It might be better we can take advantage of that. I suggest you to open a chat / case online on NETGEAR support and please let them know that you need assistance on setting up VLAN routing on your switch.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Budgie4,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance.

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
Budgie4
Tutor

Hi and thanks for the support.  I have to leave this issue for a couple of days to work on something else.  Can we leave the thread open please and I shall get back to you when I resume work on this problem.

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements