× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M4300-48 Bricked

djroge1
Initiate

M4300-48 Bricked

I inherited a rack at my new job which includes the M4300-48 (xsm4348cs) managed switch. All was fine for the first few months but now my switch is bricked. I am uncertain what happened but I suspect perhaps a power outage at some point. I am uncertain when this happened as this is in my forensic lab so I only use it when I have devices to investigate. 

None of the ports connect/light up. The OOB doesn't connect. The console doesn't connect. I tried a hard reset. The boot is in solid yellow. I tried TFTP but it never hits the flashing light boot mode on restart. Nothing seems to be working.

Any other suggestions?

Has anyone opened up their switch and tried to flash the chip directly? 

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: M4300-48 Bricked

Are these switches all sans-papiers prohibiting request lifetime warranty replacements?

Message 2 of 3
djroge1
Initiate

Re: M4300-48 Bricked

I ended up working through the company where we purchased our forensic gear which I discovered after my original post also included the switch. They are replacing it and I expect to receive the new switch next week. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements