× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M4300-52G-POE+ VLAN participation needed on stack-mode ports needed?

msi
Luminary
Luminary

M4300-52G-POE+ VLAN participation needed on stack-mode ports needed?

Hi

It looks like that when ports get switched over to stack-port mode you don't need to do much else but only switch to stack mode and reboot them. However I've recently converted 2 ports that previously were uplink ports and let the VLANs defined as is. Things work but I'm uncertain whether or not VLAN participation is even needed to be defined when a Port is switched to stack mode. - No explanations that I could quickly find in the manuals thus my question here.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: M4300-52G-POE+ VLAN participation needed on stack-mode ports needed?

@msi,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have further inquiries.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @msi,

I inquired your post to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support.  Here is the feedback of the higher tier of NETGEAR Support:  "When the port is changed to stacking mode, it is not necessary to make any other changes to the port settings. Settings such as VLAN are not relevant when the switch port is in stacking mode."

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@msi,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have further inquiries.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements