× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M4300-52G VLAN can not be seen between them

cvelarde
Follower

M4300-52G VLAN can not be seen between them

Hello,

I need to configure one vlan per port of my switch, and route all by one direction. What I need is that they can not be seen between them.

If they have any guide or how it is done, I will be grateful.

Regards,

Carlos V.

Model: M5300-52G3 (GSM7352Sv2h2)|ProSAFE 48-port Managed L3 Gigabit Stackable Switch
Message 1 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: M4300-52G VLAN can not be seen between them

Hi cvelarde,

Welcome to our community!

We can do that by creating asymmetric VLAN. Please follow the steps below:

- Connect your PC to port 1 of the switch and login to its admin interface. How do I access the admin page of my ProSAFE Fully Managed Switch?

- Create VLAN for uplink and for each port. Leave the port 1 as your management port and remain in VLAN 1 as we are going to separate the uplink port to your router. How to configure a VLAN on a NETGEAR managed switch?

VLAN 99 - UPLINK - Port 48 - Switch to Router

VLAN 12 - PORT2 (Port number as VLAN name)

VLAN 13 - PORT3

etc.

Add ports to the VLAN:

1. Go to Switching - VLAN - Advanced - VLAN Membership.
  2. In the VLAN ID drop down menu, select the VLAN ID you want to edit.
  3. Select the ports to add to the VLAN. You need to mark a port as untagged.
  4. Go to Switching - VLAN - Advanced - Port PVID Configuration.
  5. For each port marked as untagged above, set the PVID of that port to the VLAN ID of the VLAN it was assigned to.

e.g.

VLAN 99 - All ports - U - Assign Port 48 as Uplink, so port 48 - PVID 99

VLAN 12 - Port 2 - U - PVID 12

VLAN 13 - Port 3 - U - PVID 13

VLAN 14 - Port 4 - U - PVID 14

etc.

Try to connect another PC to port 2 and 3, then test if it will be receiving an IP from your designated DHCP server and check if it will communicate to each other.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: M4300-52G VLAN can not be seen between them

@cvelarde,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything is ok now or you still need further assistance.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements