× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M4300-8X8F Management VLAN Configuration

IDale
Aspirant

M4300-8X8F Management VLAN Configuration

I need to change the IP address and VLAN details set under "IPv4 Management VLAN Configuration" under System-> Management Interfaces.

Currently in this section it has Route Mode set to ENABLED. This was done because I was using the management VLAN to pass routing information to a cisco layer 3 switch which is now no longer present.

My question is if I disable Route Mode in "IPv4 Management VLAN Configuration" will it disable inter vlan routing for the entire switch or only the management VLAN.

Normally I would just test this myself but due to work pressures this switch is now in production and I don't have the luxuary of testing.

Regards,

Ian

Model: XSM4316S|M4300-8X8F - Stackable Managed Switch with 16x10G including 8x10GBASE-T and 8xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: M4300-8X8F Management VLAN Configuration

@IDale,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Once this IPv4 Routing is disabled, you will no longer access the management IP of the switch and you can only configure it via console.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@IDale,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Once this IPv4 Routing is disabled, you will no longer access the management IP of the switch and you can only configure it via console.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
IDale
Aspirant

Ok Thanks for the information.

Regards,

Ian

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors