× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: M4300-96X Multicast not getting through

rs7
Initiate
Initiate

M4300-96X Multicast not getting through

I am trying to get some Dante AVIO  audio products connected.

When the products are connected on a GS308E , the products are found.

When a computer connects througfh the  M4300-96X switch, there is no communication between the units.

I had one computer  connected via  a linksys switch, and it couols see the Dante devices. When I connected that computer via the M4300, communication was lost.

I would prefer not to have to create any new VLANs, as per a thread on multicasting with the M4300 on the forums/ I am using the default FLAN1 for near everything.

I diod not  change any of the default settings on the switch with respect to  multicast. is there an easy way to make sure all multicast frames are getting through, and if not, what is the best way to configure it.

Model: XSM4396K0/XSM4396K1|M4300-96X – Modular Managed Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hi rs7

Thank you for your message. The issue is related to mDNS and unknown (unregistered) Multicast here. Kindly follow the M4300 app note for Dante Audio here: https://kb.netgear.com/000060205/M4300-Configuration-Guide-for-Dante-Audio-Devices

If you remain on default VLAN 1, just follow the directions applying the settings for your VLAN 1.

Please let us know how it goes,
Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hi rs7

Thank you for your message. The issue is related to mDNS and unknown (unregistered) Multicast here. Kindly follow the M4300 app note for Dante Audio here: https://kb.netgear.com/000060205/M4300-Configuration-Guide-for-Dante-Audio-Devices

If you remain on default VLAN 1, just follow the directions applying the settings for your VLAN 1.

Please let us know how it goes,
Regards,
Message 2 of 4
rs7
Initiate
Initiate

The above suggestion worked.

I am using a single VLAN for everything, as the traffic is only occasional audio.

I updated  my firmware to leave the Bonjour setting unchanged.

Thanks

Model: XSM4396K0/XSM4396K1|M4300-96X – Modular Managed Switch
Message 3 of 4
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Fantastic, thank you for the feedback.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos