× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M4300-96x with 40Gb apm402xl module Not linking with Intel XL710-Q2

mmancini
Follower

M4300-96x with 40Gb apm402xl module Not linking with Intel XL710-Q2

Hello,  I have an M4300-96X with a APM402Xl 40GB module in it.  I am connecting it to an intel XL710-Q2 network card using the AXLC763 direct attach cable.  I am unable to get a link between these 2 devices.  I have tried 2 different network cards in 2 different servers.  I have swapped the module to a different port as well as tried a 2nd apm module.  The switch links if I connect the switch to itself and the card links if I connect the card to itself.  But I am not able to get the card and the switch to link.  I am running Server 2019 standard on the server right now.  I have installed the latest drivers from Intel.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Model: XSM4396K0/XSM4396K1|M4300-96X – Modular Managed Switch
Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: M4300-96x with 40Gb apm402xl module Not linking with Intel XL710-Q2

@mmancini,

Welcome to the community! :cathappy: 

The switch links if I connect the switch to itself and the card links if I connect the card to itself.  But I am not able to get the card and the switch to link. 

About this, it means that the APM402XL works fine since it links when you connect the switch to itself.  The same as with the Intel XL710-Q2 which also works fine because it links if its connected to the card itself.  It is a possible compatibility issue between the APM402XL and the Intel XL710-Q2.

I suggest you to open a support ticket with the NETGEAR Support here at anytime for further investigation.  Kindly state your concern as well as you may include a link to this post. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements