× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M4300 - How to configure the management IP to be the same as the IP of the switch?

CharlesB89
Aspirant

M4300 - How to configure the management IP to be the same as the IP of the switch?

Switch that I am trying to configure: M4300, firm 12.0.4.8 - Network Design - modem, firewall, switches.

I set IP of the switch to 10.0.4.x/24 and gw: 10.0.4.1

I want to be able to reach the Web Management Page with the same IP "10.0.4.x/24" gw: 10.0.4.1.

I staticlly assigned an 10.0.4.x to the VLAN Managament IP and it wiped out the IP of the switch. Leaving me with 0.0.0.0/0 and an IP conflict when trying to set the IP of the switch back to 10.0.4.x.

My conviction to believe this is possible because there are simpler netgear switches on the network who's IP is 10.0.4.x and when typing in a web browser, management page. (JGS524PE and GS752TP ProSafe) That I did not configure neither is the person who did still with the company.

The design of the network is modem, firewall, switches (JGS524PE and GS752TP ProSafe), APs, end-user device.

Thank You

Model: GSM4352PA | M4300-52G-PoE+48x1G PoE+ Stackable Managed Switch with 2x10GBASE-T and 2xSFP+ (550W PSU)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: M4300 - How to configure the management IP to be the same as the IP of the switch?

@CharlesB89,

You may try it.  For me, since your current firmware version is a few versions away from the latest one, it would be better to do the firmware upgrade in a ladderized manner.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: M4300 - How to configure the management IP to be the same as the IP of the switch?

Hi @CharlesB89,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Let us upgrade the firmware to the latest version in a ladderized manner.  First, upgrade the firmware from v12.0.4.8 to v12.0.4.9.  Then, upgrade the firmware from v12.0.4.9 to 12.0.6.6 and so on until you reach the latest firmware which is v12.0.7.10.  You can download the M4300 firmware versions here.  Perform a factory reset on the switch after upgrading the firmware to the latest version then reconfigure the settings from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.  Then, check if you will encounter the same problem.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
CharlesB89
Aspirant

Question, can I just upgrade the firmware from 12.0.4.8 directly to 12.0.7.10?

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@CharlesB89,

You may try it.  For me, since your current firmware version is a few versions away from the latest one, it would be better to do the firmware upgrade in a ladderized manner.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements