× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M4300 POE DHCPV6 RELAY

ShooterDS
Follower

M4300 POE DHCPV6 RELAY

Hello,

We are using this switch for testing devices.  802.1x/radius.  DHCP relay.  DHCPV6 relay.  Etc.

The setup is 2 VLANs, IPV6.  VLAN 3 has the devices in it.  VLAN 4 only has the uplink port, 26 in it.

2222::00/64 VLAN 3. 
FD00::00/64 VLAN 4. 

We have a DHCP server on VLAN 4 (windows 2016 server), that is serving up a 2222 scope.

The switch is already properly setup for routing between the VLANs.  I can ping devices that have static 2222 IPs from the FD00::32 server.  All we want to do is configure the ports on VLAN 3 to send any DHCP requests to FD00::32 (DHCP server).  I tried via the GUI, I see the devices sending discovers...but they don't come out the other side, they aren't relayed.

In the GUI, on the DHCPV6 relay page, there is 'interface' 'admin mode' 'relay interface' 'destination ip' and 'remote id'
We have selected all the interfaces on VLAN 3, set admin mode to 'enable', relay interface to 1/0/26, destination IP to fd00::32, remote ID we left blank.   The switch will take that configuration, but doesn't pass any discovers out on 1/0/26 (we are sniffing on the VLAN 3 side and see the discovers) and taking a wireshark trace at the DHCP server (none arrive).  I tried to set the relay to 'vlan 4' instead, but the page never comes back after clicking apply.

There are no instructions that I can find for the GUI.  The section of the CLI instructions for DHCPV6 Relay doesn't make any reference to turning it on specifically, it only shows adding ports to VLANs, etc...but not command that appears to turn on relay.  Has anyone configured this via the GUI?

Thanks!

Steve

Model: GSM4352PA|M4300-52G-PoE+ - 48x1G PoE+ Stackable Managed Switch with 2x10GBASE-T and 2xSFP+ (550W PSU)
Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: M4300 POE DHCPV6 RELAY

@ShooterDS,

Not sure if you have already came across with this, kindly read pages 121-122 of the M4300 user manual here on how to enable DHCPv6 Relay functionality. 

What is the current firmware version of your M4300 switch?  If ever its not yet the latest version, it would be best that you update it.  The latest firmware is v12.0.11.18 and you can download it here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements