× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: M4300 QoS: Impossible to both "add to queue" and "mark" at the same time

JeroenWavepart
Aspirant

M4300 QoS: Impossible to both "add to queue" and "mark" at the same time

Hi,

with the M4300  it is possible to DSCP mark (untrusted) incoming packets and to add  the incoming packets to the internal QoS queues. However, I can't figure out how to both at the same time. If I  create a new class, I can do only do one of the two. Creating two separate classes doesn't solve my problem, because I can only add one class to an interface.....

Model: XSM4316S|M4300-8X8F - Stackable Managed Switch with 16x10G including 8x10GBASE-T and 8xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 1 of 7
JeroenWavepart
Aspirant

Addition: the problem is with the webinterface of the M4300, with  CLI  everything is working fine.....

Model: XSM4316S|M4300-8X8F - Stackable Managed Switch with 16x10G including 8x10GBASE-T and 8xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 2 of 7
msi
Luminary
Luminary

If you can, please let them know via support.

I've made reasonably good experience with them if you show themy a wrong behaviour and how you reproduced it. The CLI and Web UI should behave equally well on these switches. If it doesn't it's likely a bug 🙂

Message 3 of 7
JeroenWavepart
Aspirant

Will do so. I  thought that NETGEAR support was taking part in this  forum.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
msi
Luminary
Luminary

They do take part, but as the community terms also outline:

[...]
NETGEAR’s involvement is optional and limited. NETGEAR may respond to questions but does not formally provide technical support on the Community. 
[...]

See: https://kb.netgear.com/000052286/NETGEAR-Community-Terms-Of-Service

Other vendors are doing similar things. Only using the support portals / ticket systems / phone support etc. provides guaranteed answers and certain reaction times.

Message 5 of 7
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay of my response, being on the road these days between US and Europe. Thank you for reporting the GUI issue for the different DiffServ classes, indeed we should support it on both the GUI and the CLI, not only the CLI.

Please send the tech-support file of your current configuration (GUI : Maintenance / Export / HTTP file export / and select tech support in the drop down menu) . You can use a file transfer service with a link and send me a message using Private Message on the Community. I'll create a case for you and we will fix that issue! We will report the results here in that thread, in parallel we'll validate a fix with you and port the modification in the next maintenance release for the M4300's.

Thank you!
Regards,
Message 6 of 7
JeroenWavepart
Aspirant

Hi Laurent,

I reported the issue to  techsupport and received  a ticket. They have all the files. If you  need additional information , please let me know.

Thanks!

Jeroen

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements