× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M4300 Setting LAG and VLAN

XanderVR
Aspirant

M4300 Setting LAG and VLAN

Hello all,

just a quick question, as I am getting some funny issues with VLANs on my M4300's. (for example VLAN 1 devices getting IP from VLAN 10 DHCP....)

If I make a LAG of 2 ports (49 and 50) and I want to send VLAN's (1, 10, 101) over them.

Do I need to remove all VLANs (both tagged and untagged) on the separate ports (49 and 50), except for the LAG interface? (which I then do 1 untagged, and rest tagged?)

And do I set the individual ports as general or trunk?

And the LAG interface? As general or trunk?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: M4300 Setting LAG and VLAN

Hi XanderVR,

Basically, LAGs can be also configured as tagged or untagged. If you wanted to passthrough multiple VLANs, then you may need to set it up as trunk or tagged. You may now remove the T or U ports in ports 49-50, except the LAG. 

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi XanderVR,

Basically, LAGs can be also configured as tagged or untagged. If you wanted to passthrough multiple VLANs, then you may need to set it up as trunk or tagged. You may now remove the T or U ports in ports 49-50, except the LAG. 

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@XanderVR,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
XanderVR
Aspirant

This basically answered my question and solved my problem (partially, but that has nothing to do with lags)
I now have removed all VLAN from the individual ports and ser them as general.
I have set the lag as general and put all VLAN on theblag.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements