× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: M4300 Suggestion: More flexible airflow

pepRiCio
Aspirant

M4300 Suggestion: More flexible airflow

Dear managed switch team:

We are starting to use (and really like) the M4300 series switches.  However we, like others on this forum, have hit an issue where sometimes the airflow is not moving in the ideal direction for the rack cooling.

Thus, I would like to suggest a new M4300 model where the air flow is field-reversible (but not live-reversible).  This would be ideal since we could stock  spares/parts for a single SKU vs.  various adaptors or parts.

Please see the attached (rough) photoshop mockup of what I have in mind.    Here I show the 10G BASE-T version, but SFP+ would be similar.    If you could squeeze things even more, an extra 2x QSFP ports would be ideal.

I have thought a little about some of the more obvious potential issues you'd need to work though.  Happy to discuss further and also learn if you've already considered such a model.

@Retired_Member  @LaurentMa

Thank you for your consideration!

David 

Message 1 of 3
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hi pepRiCio

Thank you very much for your well thought requirements. Please allow me some time, I'm on the road this week for customer activities.

I'll be back on this here. Just wanted to let you know that we didn't have plans for reversed air flow.

Regards,
Message 2 of 3
pepRiCio
Aspirant

@LaurentMa Hope all is well.  Now that m4500 and new m4300 has launched, have you had a chance to consider airflow suggestion / option?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements