× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M4300 cumulative firmware

eliasiit
Follower

M4300 cumulative firmware

Hi, I have dual M4300 8x8 switches that I need to update the firmware for. These units are three firmware versions behind.  Are the fixes and enhancements cumulative, such that if I upgrade directly to the latest release, I will receive all security fixes contained in previous versions?  With that said, will there be any issues if I apply only the latest release?

Thanks

Model: XSM4316S|M4300-8X8F - Stackable Managed Switch with 16x10G including 8x10GBASE-T and 8xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 1 of 2
msi
Luminary
Luminary

Re: M4300 cumulative firmware

Hi

Unless anything is explicitely outlined - so far, that is - updating the currently inactive image and the booting off of it was all needed. The content of one out of the 2 flash partition is completely overwritten so not cumulative update, it actually replaces the complete image.

Though reading the changelog is certainly always a good idea.

So long as you don't overwrite your currently-executed firmware you can usually (and in the worst case over the serial console bootloader menu) boot back into the previous version.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements