× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: M5300 Summer Time / Day Savings config bug.

TimJL
Tutor

M5300 Summer Time / Day Savings config bug.

Hi there, 

I'm configuring the day light savings rules on a new M5300 after updating it to V11.0.0.14 and have found what I think is a bug unless someone can advise me otherwise. 

I'm trying to configure the daylight savings rules to start in the first week of Oct and end in the first week of April. 

On a M4100 running 10.0.2.13 it allows me to do this in the web interface. After chcecking the config the command is as followes for CLI: 

clock summer-time recurring 1 sun Oct 02:00 1 sun Apr 03:00 offset 60 zone "AEDT"

However selecting the same options in the web UI on the M5300 running V11 comes back with an error saying that the start month cannot be after end month. I tried the above commend in the CLI and it also comes back with this error: 

Error: Invalid Input given for recurring summertime parameters.
Start time must occur before the End time.

Now that seems like a sensible thing, except time zones don't always work that way. 

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/australia/sydney

http://www.australia.gov.au/about-australia/facts-and-figures/time-zones-and-daylight-saving#Dayligh...

A workaround might be to program the summer time backwards, with a negative offset but thats not really a solution. Any ideas?

Tim

Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi TimJL,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Have you tried to factory reset the M5300 switch after updating the firmware to the latest v11.0.0.14?  If not yet , kindly perform a factory reset then reconfigure the M5300 switch from scratch.  Afterwards, check if same problem occurs when you enter the same CLI command.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
TimJL
Tutor

Hi Dane, 

The switch has gone into production but I did this and it still errored on the CLI command. 

Regards, 

Tim

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi TimJL,

With regard to this, I encourage you to open an online case with NETGEAR Support and let them know about your concern.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements