× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MS510TX IC Temp(C)

sspeed22
Aspirant

MS510TX IC Temp(C)

Can anyone with a MS510TX take a look at the IC Temp(C) value on their front page and tell me what they have?

I've had a couple issues lately where the switch seems to have rebooted.  The room is 76deg.  I looked at my IC Temp(C) and it says 67, indicating that is 152deg F, seems awful hot.  I did an IR thermometer to the case and it doesn't read over 95deg anywhere.

My theory is something has gone wrong with the sensor and it's rebooting the switch as a failsafe, but I have no reference as to what this temp usually is.  I blew the dust out and it temporarily went to 60 (which is still very hot), but climbed right back up to 66.

Model: MS510TX|8-port Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 10G Copper / 10G SFP+ Fiber Uplinks
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: MS510TX IC Temp(C)

Enable buffered and Flash log in case these are not. If you have a 24*7 system like a NAS around, set up a syslog server and point the switch to that device. This should catch odd things, and show traces of a crash and reboot - if any.

Chip temperatures around 55...65°C, at around 23..25°C environment (MS510TX, no PoE inside). Depends on the activity, especially on the 10G and MultiGig ports. No adhere effects here.

Not sure on how these higher temperatures affect the durability or long term reliability, but at least one MS510TX here is back from the Beta test days, still performing nice (aside of a small hardware flaw which was ironed on the mass production).

Message 2 of 3
sspeed22
Aspirant

Re: MS510TX IC Temp(C)

Thank you, this is one of the beta units.  What was the hardware flaw on the betas?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements