× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Management port will not show link - M4100

AnalogKidToo
Follower

Management port will not show link - M4100

Hi

We have 2 M4100 switches. Both switches were purchsaed at the same time and set up identically.    All ports EXCEPT port 1 are in a seperate vlan that we use for our SAN traffic.

Port 1 is set to vlan 1 and is set for management.  I can no longer access the management port (port 1)  on either of the M4100s.  Can not web in, and they no longer ping.

When I go down to the switches, they do not show link.  I have unplugged/plugged them.  Tried them in different switches, and tried hooking a laptop up directly.  No link.

These switches have been up for who knows how long.  I am guessing over 2 years.   I was in both of these switche last fall with no issues.   Other than this they appear to be working just fine.  No other ports that should have link, do not have link, and the LEDs flicker with traffic.

Short of re-booting these switches, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Model: M4100-26G (GSM7224v2h2)|ProSafe 26 ports gigabit fully managed L2 switch
Message 1 of 2
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Management port will not show link - M4100

@AnalogKidToo,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that you are having issues accessing the management of the switch. May I know if you can access the CLI of the switch? You may also try resetting the switch to factory default on the CLI. I also suggest upgrading the firmware of the switch to its latest version.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements