× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR NMS300 Software

gavinnewell
Tutor

NETGEAR NMS300 Software

A quick question if may.  I have installed NMS300 on a virtual server on my local network.  How do I access the NMS300 login page from a client computer?

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated.

Model: NMS300|Network Management Software
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
gavinnewell
Tutor

All sorted now.  The issue was the firewall on the Virtual Machine.  Allowed the NMS software through and it works fine now.  A simple mistake.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Check e.g. NMS300 User Manual, p. 18, Get Started, 

To select your language and log in to the application:
1. Open a browser and connect to the application through the static IP address of the
NMS300 server.
• To connect to the application from the same NMS300 server on which you installed
the application, enter the URL http://localhost:8080.
If you entered a different port number for the NMS300 server during the application
installation, replace 8080 in this URL with the port number that you provided during
installation.
• To connect to the application from a remote computer, replace localhost with the IP
address of the NMS300 server. For example, enter http://203.0.113.56:8080, in
which 203.0.113.56 is the IP address of the NMS300 server and 8080 is the port
number for the NMS300 server.

Message 2 of 5
gavinnewell
Tutor

Thanks for the reply.  I'm needing to connect from a remote computer and have tried what you posted below.  But sadly it does not connect and displays the following...

ApplicationFrameHost_2019-01-25_15-54-00.png

Message 3 of 5
gavinnewell
Tutor

Hi,

I can't seem to locate the manual that your referencing.  Would it be possible for you to send me have the link.

Message 4 of 5
gavinnewell
Tutor

All sorted now.  The issue was the firewall on the Virtual Machine.  Allowed the NMS software through and it works fine now.  A simple mistake.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements