× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NMS300 my.netgear.com account profile error

vsb-networks
Aspirant

NMS300 my.netgear.com account profile error

I have setup the NMS300 software and teh process was pretty simple and the software actually works quite well. So far have about 180 Netgear swiches discovered. For the sake of of completeness I wanted to enable the my.netgear.com profile setup on teh server so I coudl register all of our  hardware.

I setup a mynetgear account just fine but if I try and use the account credentials (emailaddress and passwor) I cant submit or validate the account profile. I alway get an error. We are behind a firewall so I went looking for any ports that need to be open but can not find anythign in any of the docs.

has anyone used this software and can provide some insight? I am currently cruising on the 200 free license download and want to get all the details sorted out before purchasing additional licenses to cover the balance of our devices.

No way to register NMS300 for free period of support or access offical support that I can see on this prodcut either?

Peter Powell

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
vsb-networks
Aspirant

Re: NMS300 my.netgear.com account profile error

Great news and thanks very much!

Peter

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11

All Replies
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hi vsb-networks

Welcome to the Community!

I am sorry for the issue you are experiencing with mynetgear.com account and NMS300. We are currently checking what could be the root cause and we will be back to you shortly.

To answer your question, NMS300 support is entitled with NETGEAR products you will manage through it. So best is to use one of your switches for instance for requiring Tech Support help on NMS300.

Regards,

Message 2 of 11
MBritton
Aspirant

Hi Laurent

Are we aware of what the cause of this issue is?

I am also experiencing the same problem.

Thanks

Elliot

Message 3 of 11
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hi MBritton

Welcome to the Community!

No, not yet. We are checking, it might be related to our server. We will post news asap here.

Regards,

Message 4 of 11
vsb-networks
Aspirant

I am impressed by the speedy response. I will see about getting a recently purchased switch registered to access support for th NMS300 product but I would be interested to knwo if you hve resovled the server side issues and I assume the API leverages HTTP or HTTPS traffic?

thanks, Peter Powell 

Message 5 of 11
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Peter

Yes. We identified root cause, this is new certificate issue. We are going to fix it asap and we will post the result here.

Regards,
Message 6 of 11
MBritton
Aspirant

Hi Laurent

Thanks for informing us of the cause, can you advise as to when this issue will be resolved?

Thanks

Michael

Message 7 of 11
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hi everyone

We have the new NMS300 release which is fixing the certificate issue with mynetgear.com registration.

Unfortunately, it will take some time to publish it on https://www.netgear.com/support/product/NMS300?cid=wmt_netgear_organic#download

At least a full week.

So if you need this new release earlier, please contact NETGEAR Technical Support and mention this thread, asking for V1.5.0.19 eroom before it is actually published on our website. 

Contact Information: http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/default.aspx

Regards,

Message 8 of 11
vsb-networks
Aspirant

Thansk very much for the udpate and I'd like to say that I am impressed by the care and followup provided by you personally and Netgearin general for this issue. You provide an exception in the general support experience for public forums as I have expereinced it with other manufacturers.

Thanks,

Peter 

Message 9 of 11
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Thank you for your message Peter, and thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve our products and grow with you.

V1.5.0.19 will be publicly available at https://www.netgear.com/support/product/NMS300?cid=wmt_netgear_organic#download very soon.

I believe our Tech Support team already delivered V1.5.0.19 to most of you using private MP links in the meantime. So again, if you need this new release earlier, please contact NETGEAR Technical Support and mention this thread, asking for V1.5.0.19 eroom before it is actually published on our website. 

Contact Information: http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/default.aspx

Regards,

Message 10 of 11
vsb-networks
Aspirant

Great news and thanks very much!

Peter

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies