× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need help with FSM726 V2

fused386
Aspirant

Need help with FSM726 V2

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I'm new to all of this.

I bought this switch off of ebay and I can't figure out how to set it up.

I have downloaded the manual which says use hyperterminal so I connected a serial cable to the switch and my computer opened hyperterminal and followed the instructions and nothing happens. Just a blank screen, says connected but nothing.

I also tried seeing if the web management was active which is what I wanted in the first place but nothing there too the switch has no IP address. It just seems to work as an unmanaged switch atm.

There are two lables stuck on the front I have no idea what them mean but they are as follows:

HHSWEPEB011

I thought the first was an IP address so I tried it in my browser and in Putty and nothing there as well.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong its really frustrating I seem to be way over my head with this switch.

If any one can help at all that would be great.

Thanks for reading and sorry again if this is in the wrong place.

Message 1 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Sounds like brick unit
Message 2 of 8
EA1DDO
Aspirant

Hi all,

It happened to em at the beggining with a GSM7224R switch.
The console does not worked quickly.

Try something, connect the PC to the console port, open Putty or Hyperterminal, all running. Then turn the FSM726 off, then back to on (like a reset) and, in my case, all the messages from the device started to come.

Regards, Maximo.
Message 3 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

EA1DDO wrote:
Hi all,

Try something, connect the PC to the console port, open Putty or Hyperterminal, all running. Then turn the FSM726 off, then back to on (like a reset) and, in my case, all the messages from the device started to come.

Regards, Maximo.

You may want to read more

I have downloaded the manual which says use hyperterminal so I connected a serial cable to the switch and my computer opened hyperterminal and followed the instructions and nothing happens. Just a blank screen, says connected but nothing.

I think console is not responding for OP
Message 4 of 8
fused386
Aspirant

EA1DDO wrote:
Hi all,

Regards, Maximo.

I tried to do that just now still the same output nothing 😞
It says connected at the bottom of hyperterminal but nothing is happening.
Message 5 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

I think you got brick unit
Message 6 of 8
fused386
Aspirant

If it's a brick unit what does that mean? And how can I fix it?
Message 7 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Replace it 🙂
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements