× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need working link to gsm73xxs-6.2.0.6.opr

samhain6
Aspirant

Need working link to gsm73xxs-6.2.0.6.opr

I'm trying to reflash a bricked Netgear GSM7352Sv1 switch from the serial console using xmodem.

After multiple failed attempts and research I've learned that standard .STK firmware images will only work for HTTP and TFTP transfers and an .OPR file is needed such as:  gsm73xxs-6.2.0.6.opr

However, I can't find a working link and the referenced ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/gsm73xxs-6.2.0.6.opr link is broken.

Can anyone post a working link to that file or is it possible to extract an .OPR file from the .STK file?

Thanks

Model: GSM7352Sv1|ProSAFE 48+4 Gigabit Ethernet L3 Managed Stackable Switch|EOL
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi samhain6,

Kindly click on this link to download the gsm73xxs-6.2.0.6.opr.  Hope it helps.

Let us know the results. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
DanielZhang
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Samhain,

Welcome to NETGEAR community!

I suggest you to contact our support  for assistance.Smiley Happy

The TFTP(FTP)/HTTP(S) is the best way to upgradg NETGEAR switches and that is standard operation just mention in product manual .

The XMODEM/YMODEM/ZMODEM transfer just used for debugging with NETGEAR engineer.

So please don't use this way to upgrade.

Maybe these community example will help you.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Managed-Switches/GSM7328S-v1-FW-update-problems-after-6-2-0-6-opr-b...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Managed-Switches/netgear-GSM7352s-byte-error-crc-check-firmware/m-p...

Regards,

Daniel.

Message 2 of 8
samhain6
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, but I've been through those threads and a number of other similar ones. I normally update any and all switches through TFTP, but this switch has no valid operational code, so TFTP and HTTP are not options. I can only boot to the basic boot loader menu: NetGear Boot code...... Version 01.00.09 08-23-2006 Code file code.bin not found in local file system! Operational code CRC is invalid. Options available 1 - Start operational code 2 - Change baud rate 3 - Retrieve event log using XMODEM 4 - Load new operational code using XMODEM 5 - Display operational code vital product data 6 - Update boot code 7 - Delete operational code 8 - Reset the system 9 - Restore configuration to factory defaults (delete config files) Trying to load any version of the .STK firmware files results in: "ERROR: Code image size of 1 bytes is invalid." I believe the only option is to try .OPR firmware which I've read others have had success with.
Message 3 of 8
DanielZhang
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Samhain,

I have sent you a private message.

Please find the *.opr file and operation guide from this private message.

Again, i suggest you to get contact with NETGEAR support.

Use XMODEM to upgrade switch is not recommended.

Anyway, Please don't share those file to anyother people.

Let us know if you have further question.Smiley Happy

Regards,

Daniel.

Message 4 of 8
samhain6
Aspirant

Hi, Daniel was able to provide a newer OPR firmware, but it's past the interim gsm73xxs-6.2.0.6 version so it won't fully take (flashes OK, but hangs on boot and hangs on boot code update). If anyone has gsm73xxs-6.2.0.6.opr or earlier please let me know. Thanks
Message 5 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi samhain6,

Kindly click on this link to download the gsm73xxs-6.2.0.6.opr.  Hope it helps.

Let us know the results. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 8
samhain6
Aspirant

Thank you! The firmware flashed using xmodem from the boot prompt menu and the switch is now working.
Message 7 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi samhain6,

You're welcome! 🙂  I'm glad to know that the switch is now working.

Feel free to post your future concerns here in the community.

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements