× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear FS305-100PES No DHCP

ShimmyShoo
Aspirant

Netgear FS305-100PES No DHCP

Hi guys,

im facing the issue in the following setup:

Router splitet to a computer directly and my netgear switch (FS305-100PES). i added 2 network devices on the switch but cant find them as DHCP client in my network. if i connect them directoyl to the router it works. can you please tell me where i can config that?

thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear FS305-100PES No DHCP

Hello ShimmyShoo, 

Welcome to the community! 

The FS305 is only a plug-and-play device and it does not have any configuration. Check the cables that you are using and make sure that the connections are correct. Can you confirm if this is how your setup looks like. Modem>Router>Switch>Computers. 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 8
ShimmyShoo
Aspirant

my computer ist connected directly to the router.

my switch is also connected to the router but i have a tv and another dhcp client connected to the switch.

both of this clients are not recognized as dhcp client, but they recieve internet trough the switch, so they are "online" but i cant see / use them in my network.

Message 3 of 8
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ShimmyShoo, 

If the devices are online then that means they are getting an IP address. Did you check if the devices behind the switch are listed on your IP table on your router? Just like what I have mentioned, this switch is only a passthrough plug-and-play unit. There is no management software or web-ui, it is only pure hardware. 

Thanks, 

Message 4 of 8
ShimmyShoo
Aspirant

thats exactly my problem, in my routers setting i cant see the clients listed which are connected to the switch. if i plug them directly in the router i see them in the router ip table for dhcp clients.

but every client connected to the router is recieving internet - so here is something very strange!

Message 5 of 8
ShimmyShoo
Aspirant

should the switch be listed as dhcp client aswell? not really, right?

Message 6 of 8
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ShimmyShoo, 

Now that is something odd and no, the switch is a pass-through so it will not show up on the DHCP table. Are the devices behind the switch getting an IP address or did you assign an IP manually? 

Thanks,

Message 7 of 8
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ShimmyShoo, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements