× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear G2724TPv2 PoE Overload error

LeighWhitling
Follower

Netgear G2724TPv2 PoE Overload error

Hi All

I have a strange error with 2 of my most recently purchases switches and the error is it will not power up a VoiP Phone with a side car / ext module but it will power the phone up on its own.

Testing already completed:

1. I have successfully run the same phone and ext on my home test switch which is exactly the same make & model BUT the firware is 1.1.1.25
  2. Run the phone and ext module on both switches which has firmware version 2.0.1.2 but it keeps going into a loop. error reports Overload.
  3. Unplugged everything appart from the Router and then plugged the phone and ext module in but again same error

Max Values to run the device are also below

On boot up

v = 53

Output Mw = 116

Output W = 6.1

Once Booted, they settled down to

v = 53

Output Mw = 85

Output W = 4.5

Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you resolve it? does Firmware version 2.0.1.2 have limits on PoE that 1.1.1.25 doesnt ?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Model: GS724TPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Betreff: Netgear G2724TPv2 PoE Overload error

Hard to say. Be aware the PoE/PoE+ controller is firmware/software driven, too so alos anything can change with an update.

The boot- and continous-operations power snapshot numbers does not say much - the PoE/PoE+ level available depends on a handshake at link establishment - is something is mis-interpreted, an overload message might be shown, and some fail-back settings might apply. This could (description is vague) lead the PD to a reboot loop.

For completeness, please provide details on the VoIP phone and it's side car / extension module details (make, model, firmware).

Please update the switches in question to the current v2.x firmware -> https://www.netgear.com/support/product/GS724TPv2.aspx#download

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements