× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear GS116 v2 16 port switch not working after I installed new router and provider

charliesguy
Follower

Netgear GS116 v2 16 port switch not working after I installed new router and provider

I changed providers and upgraded broadband from copper to fibre which has involved installing a new router. Previous changes hadn't affected my switch but this time devices appear to connect to the switch but say there is no internet connection. There have been sporadic times when it works but these seem to be less and less.

I have tried powering everything down, switching cables and so forth but no success.

Model: GS116Ev2|ProSafe Plus 16 ports gigabits switch
Message 1 of 3
antinode
Guru

Re: Netgear GS116 v2 16 port switch not working after I installed new router and provider

> Model: GS116Ev2|ProSafe Plus 16 ports gigabits switch

There's a more appropriate forum for such devices than this "DSL
Modems & Routers" forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/bd-p/business-smart-plus-click-switches

It's a managed switch, with many configuration options, at least some
of which might depend on network properties which could change when
"installing a new router".  Even in an appropriate forum, you might need
to supply more information than "no success".  Even an IP address or two
might be interesting.

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Documentation.  Get some?  Read?

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Netgear GS116 v2 16 port switch not working after I installed new router and provider

GS116 v2 (no-managed, no reset button) or GS116E v2 (Smart Managed Plus - has a reset button)?

Not much you could do on the non-managed - permitting the cables are OK.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements