× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear GS728TP disabled Routing

ElemSchool
Follower

Netgear GS728TP disabled Routing

I have an older GS728TP switch that I fully configured. It was a new site with a handful of vlans and the switch was fully functional. As I'm in the initial site deployment I hadn't saved a config yet. In troubleshooting a network issue downstream of the switch I inadvertently turned Routing to disable. The switch prompted that it needed to reboot which I allowed.

The switch is still passing appropriate traffic as it was pre-disable, but I've lost access via IP on the known VLAN port I previously used. Is there any way to connect back into the switch so I can manage it again?

I'd rather not reset it if I don't have to, it's fully setup with interface descriptions that I'll have to retrace. Trying not to do that.

Thanks
Message 1 of 2
msi
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Netgear GS728TP disabled Routing

That is one of these use cases where the serial console on the fully managed models becomes handy. I've locked myself out of smaller smart managed pro switches and ended up factory resetting which learned me the valuable lesson of regularly backing up the text-based configuration...

Some smart managed switches had internal only pin headers for a console port, but some needed a 3.3V TTL adapter. It's definitely not a supported way though and thus not documented. I've once played with it on a GS108Tv2 years ago.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements