× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear GS748T VLAN Tagging

Mansin
Aspirant

Netgear GS748T VLAN Tagging

Hi,

All of our managed switches are Netgear and majority are GS748T. I've been successfully adding VLANs and assigning memeberships. I've now come to one of the GS748Ts and when tagging a port with a VLAN, it puts a T in the box under the port number. After clicking the APPLY button, it changes the box from T to U (untagged). I've not yet tried rebooting or factory resetting the switch. Just wondering if anyone has come across this?

VLAN.jpg

Checking on Port PVID Configuration it's showing that the port is tagged with the relevant VLANs. So not sure what to believe, the first screen or the second. The firmware version is 6.3.1.19

Many Thanks

Model: GS748T|48-port Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Netgear GS748T VLAN Tagging

Is this a port probably also member of a LAG? Have spotted that some models/firmware are not properly masking/hiding the tag information on the port level if these are also a member of a LAG.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Is this a port probably also member of a LAG? Have spotted that some models/firmware are not properly masking/hiding the tag information on the port level if these are also a member of a LAG.

Message 2 of 3
Mansin
Aspirant

Thank you for your input. It was the fact that the port was part of a LAG. So now I've tagged the LAG instead of the port.

Thank you

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements