× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Insight

viknesh
Aspirant

Netgear Insight

Hi

I intend to get M4300-12X12F switches around 15 units for inter-building voice networking Pabx (PSTN and PRI ISDN). Is it possible to use Insight app to monitor these switches? If yes, i am aware we can monitor thru mobile and but can i also display live thru desk monitor? if, yes any application download or server specs?

Is this insight more like NMS?

Is there also an option for on-premise hosting instead of cloud hosted?

Vik

Model: M4100-D12G (GSM5212)|ProSafe 12 ports gigabit fully managed L2 switch
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Netgear Insight

Some NMS300 Quick Start Guide from 2015 does already list the M4300-12x12. Sorry, very poor mobile coverage out in the green this afternoon.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

wrote:

I intend to get M4300-12X12F switches around 15 units for inter-building voice networking Pabx (PSTN and PRI ISDN). Is it possible to use Insight app to monitor these switches?

No. Only the Insight Managed Smart Cloud Switches are supported by Insight.

wrote:

If yes, i am aware we can monitor thru mobile and but can i also display live thru desk monitor? if, yes any application download or server specs?

Regardless of the "No" above - Insight v4 does introduce a cloud based Web UI to complement the Insight App. 

wrote:

Is this insight more like NMS?

More like a highly simplified cloud based NMS for home, SOHO, and small businesses.

wrote:

Is there also an option for on-premise hosting instead of cloud hosted?

No, very unlikely. Different scope.

Message 2 of 6
viknesh
Aspirant

Thank you for the promt reply. Is there any NMS available for switches?

Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

-> NMS300

Message 4 of 6
viknesh
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply and the NMS loosk impressive, however i have one question, it does state anywhere if the NMS support M4300 series? i can see M4100m, M5300 etc etc but not M4300. So does this mean M4300 MIB cannot be retrieved?

Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Some NMS300 Quick Start Guide from 2015 does already list the M4300-12x12. Sorry, very poor mobile coverage out in the green this afternoon.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements