× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear M4100-26g EOL. What is the replacement?

Sam_CL
Tutor

Netgear M4100-26g EOL. What is the replacement?

Hi all

I have a switch that is coming up for longer than I like in circulation

The model is m4100-26g which is showing as end of life when I tried to source a new one. When I went on the official Netgear EOL document it says contact Netgear for suitable replacement (most of the other models have the succeeding model listed annoyingly).

Contacting Netgear has wasted the last hour of my time, as the ticket system errors out and the live chat doesnt connect for me.

Does anyone know what the direct replacement for the M4100-26g is?

Thanks 🙂

Model: M4100-26G (GSM7224v2h2)|ProSafe 26 ports gigabit fully managed L2 switch
Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Sam_CL,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I suggest you the M4300-28G (GSM4328S) switch.  Kindly check its specification on the data sheet here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Sam_CL
Tutor

Thanks for the suggestion, that one was under consideration but it only has 2 SFP's compared to the m4100-26g's 4 SFP's. It is also a considerable price jump compared to the M4100-26G. Over twice the price by the looks of it, and not really gaining anything (we a couple of years off 10gbps, so thats not really a selling point to me at present).

The closest one out of that range that will suit my purpose is the M4300-24X, but even that isn't exactly what I want/need. It's a half width one and the SFP's are on the back of the switch rather than the front. The M4300-8X8F is also a possibility as the SFP's are on the front, but this one would require me to get a second switch involved due to lack of RJ45 ports.

If you think of anything else please suggest it as it may help the next person asking the same question. If I find anything else that looks suitable I shall endeavour to come back and post it for the same reason.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements