× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear M43000 DHCP Server Setup

Scriptoe
Aspirant

Netgear M43000 DHCP Server Setup

I need a simple network setup where the I have a single private network of equipment that all need to be assigned an IP. 

All the equipment is managed from a host PC with with two separate LAN cards. One LAN for the company network, which should not have access to the private network of equipment and the second LAN for my private network.

I've have stepped through the DHCP server configuration settings as described in the manual but failed to make it work.

Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear M43000 DHCP Server Setup

@Scriptoe,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Let me share the article below and use it as your guide:

How do I configure a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server in dynamic mode using the web...

Also, I found this old community thread here.  Kindly access and read it as it might help you as well.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Scriptoe
Aspirant

Re: Netgear M43000 DHCP Server Setup

Hi DaneA,

Thanks for the reply. I have gone through the guide you pointed to. I must be doing something fundamentally wrong as I have gone through several configuration and have yet to come up with a working solution. 

I do see after enabling the DHCP server on the switch and looking at the DHCP server statistics. The switch in indeed getting IP request from clients (DHCPDISCOVER increments). But the according to the switch DHCP Server Statistics DHCPOFFER no IPs are being sent.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Rick

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements