× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear ProSafe M4100-26G NTA

Prodigy81
Aspirant

Netgear ProSafe M4100-26G NTA

Hi there,

I am looking to complete some testing on a Network. I was wondering does the Netgear ProSafe M4100-26G or Netgear ProSafe 24Port GS724T-300EUS have any Traffic analyser onboard?? Or in order to test it would I need a seperate Network Traffic Analyser?

All input greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Prodigy81

Message 1 of 8
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Netgear ProSafe M4100-26G NTA

Hi Prodigy81

Welcome to the Community!

Only the Fully Managed M4100 series M4100-26G (GSM7224-200NAS in US or GSM7224-200EUS in Europe) will provide Network Traffic Analysis capability, using sFlow embedded agent. You will find sFlow agent configuration in M4100-26G Web interface going to Monitoring in top menu, and sFlow.

sFlow is the standard for monitoring high-speed switched and routed networks. sFlow technology is built into any NETGEAR Fully Managed switch (M4100, M4200, M4300, M6100, etc...) and gives complete visibility into network activity, enabling effective management and control of network resources. The sFlow monitoring system consists of an sFlow Agent (embedded in NETGEAR Fully Managed switch) and a central sFlow Collector. The sFlow Agent uses sampling technology to capture traffic statistics from the device it is monitoring. sFlow datagrams are used to forward the sampled traffic statistics immediately to an sFlow Collector for analysis.

You can use NETGEAR Management System NMS300 as an sFlow Collector. NMS300 is actually free of charge up to 200 managed devices under it. You can download NMS300 here and install it on a PC or virtual machine equipped with Windows 32-bit or 64-bit.

You will find information on sFlow agent configuration in M4100 user manual starting page 398.

You will find information on sFlow collector configuration in NMS300 user manual starting page 229.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards, 

Message 2 of 8
Prodigy81
Aspirant

Hi there,

Many thanks for your response and very sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Unfortunately. I have been out sick recently. I intend to use the monitoring tab on the GUI during a live test to check if there are any issues. Incidentally, is there a monitoring tab in the GUI of the NetGear GS724T-300EUS switch that I can also monitor??

I esgerly await your response,

Kindest regards

Message 3 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Prodigy81,

There is a Monitoring tab on the web-GUI of the GS724Tv3 as per the image below.  Kindly read pages 229-251 of the GS724Tv3 Software Administration Manual here.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 8
Prodigy81
Aspirant

Hi there,

Once again many thanks for the response. Excellent. Can I refresh and clear the logs for example on a Monday and check them on Friday to gather the Monitored data throughout Monday to Friday? Are there ways to export to a file etc. Sorry for all the questions, you ahve been a fantastic help.

Kindest regards

Message 5 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Prodigy81,

There is a button to refresh and clear the logs.  However, there seems to be no option to gather the monitored data within a specified duration.  I suggest to set up a syslog server on one of your PCs that is directly connected to the GS724Tv3.  You may use this link as a guide.  Then, configure the Server Log as indicated on pages 246-247 of the GS724Tv3 Software Administration Manual here.  With this, you could capture and save the syslogs within a specified time.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Prodigy81,

Let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Prodigy81,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information I’ve provided has helped resolve your concern or if you need further assistance.  

If ever your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements