× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Switch recommendati

lpasekof
Aspirant

Netgear Switch recommendati

I'm installing a new fiber internet connection for my business.  I need to be able to segerate data from internal and external users.  I can do that via vlans.  However, I need to be able to limit the amount of bandwidth I'm providing my external users so as to not bog down my internal/business needs.  I believe I can do this setting up bandwidth limits in QoS.  I have a couple of older Netgear FVS318G switches but the up and download limits are 100,000 kbps (100mbps) which is too low.  I need to be able to allocate around 450mbps to one vlan and the remaining 50mbps to the other.

Can you recommend a Netgear switch that will do this.

Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear Switch recommendati

@lpasekof,

However, I need to be able to limit the amount of bandwidth I'm providing my external users so as to not bog down my internal/business needs.  I believe I can do this setting up bandwidth limits in QoS. 

I recommend you the M4300 series switch models.  Kindly read about QoS on pages 471-499 of the M4300 Series Switches user manual here.

To know more about the specification of the M4300 switch series models, check its data sheet here.  

Also, check the M4300 FAQs here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Netgear Switch recommendati

@lpasekof wrote:
I'm installing a new fiber internet connection for my business.  I need to be able to segerate data from internal and external users.  I can do that via vlans.

This is not only a pure switch job - you need a router able to handle multiple networks, multiple IP subnets, the ability to do many2one NAT for teo or more IP subnets. I suggest to invest in a decent router or security appliance, and look into the Netgear Smart Managed Pro range. If you intend to keep the management simple, I suggest to loo into Netgear's Insight solution. This makes your plan a snap...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements