× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OpenFlow documentation

Laoch
Tutor

OpenFlow documentation

I am looking for OpenFlow documentation for the M4300 series switches. I do see the commands described in the CLI reference but I do not see any mention in the User manual or the Software Administration Manual. 

Model: GSM4328PA | M4300-28G-PoE+24x1G PoE+ Stackable Managed Switch with 2x10GBASE-T and 2xSFP+ (550W PSU)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Laoch
Tutor

Re: OpenFlow documentation

The Netgear M4300 documentation is excellent except when it comes to OpenFlow, it is like they want to keep it hidden for some unknown reason. Like anything, it is not difficult once you understand how. I put a primer on how to configure OpenFlow on my website:

http://www.obriain.com/primers/netgear_M4300_OpenFlow_Config.php

View solution in original post

Model: FSM5210Pv1h1 | M4100-D10-PoE8-port FE + 2 GE Combo L2 Managed Switch with PoE
Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Laoch,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I inquired your concern to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support.  As per the higher tier of NETGEAR Support, the OpenFlow configuration is only available via CLI. 

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Laoch
Tutor

The Netgear M4300 documentation is excellent except when it comes to OpenFlow, it is like they want to keep it hidden for some unknown reason. Like anything, it is not difficult once you understand how. I put a primer on how to configure OpenFlow on my website:

http://www.obriain.com/primers/netgear_M4300_OpenFlow_Config.php

Model: FSM5210Pv1h1 | M4100-D10-PoE8-port FE + 2 GE Combo L2 Managed Switch with PoE
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements