× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ProSAFE S3300-52X-PoE+ SFP issues

tdgsupport
Aspirant

ProSAFE S3300-52X-PoE+ SFP issues

I am having a problem using the SFP port on my ProSafe S3300 to a different switch (Planet). I could not source a Netgear SFP module from anywhere in a timely manor but as I understand it SFP isn't coded on Netgear switches so a different brand should work.

The Planet switch has a 10GBps short range module (Ubiquiti) and the Netgear has an FS 10GBps short range module. I get no link on either side and I cannot see to find any indicator in the Netgear if it even recognizes the module as being installed.

In the chance that it was a compatibility issue with two different vendors I tried the exact same Ubiquiti FSP module on both sides with the same end result. No link on either. I have confirmed both FSP's are working and the Fibre is working as I can use a Planet switch without issue. I would like to keep the Netgear however I am at a bit of an impass.

Since support chat is always "busy" and never available I figured I would try the forum.

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 3
tdgsupport
Aspirant

Re: ProSAFE S3300-52X-PoE+ SFP issues

In case it is useful here is a screenshot of my ports and their status. If any other screens are helpful just let me know.

Screenshot from 2022-05-18 10-26-15.png

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ProSAFE S3300-52X-PoE+ SFP issues

@tdgsupport,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

If you are not using the compatible SFP module for the S3300-52X-PoE+, then there is no guarantee that it will work.  NETGEAR recommends to use the compatible SFP modules for the S3300-52X-PoE+ as indicted on page 14 of its data sheet here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements