× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ProSafe GSM7328Sv2 not booting

Secretdook
Aspirant

ProSafe GSM7328Sv2 not booting

Hi all.

So I've had a GSM7328Sv2 for a while now and kinda run into an issue with the switch itself.

I recently replaced my router that uses a different LAN range and I've not been able to access the switch's web interface.

Kinda did a stupid by pressing the reset button for 30 seconds and now the system itself doesn't boot.

Power LED remains orange.
Fan LED is lit
M1/2 LED's are lit

None of the ports light up.

Can anyone help?

I currently don't have access to a console cable.

Message 1 of 10
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Have you tried to reboot your GSM7328Sv2 by unplugging its power cable from the power outlet then re-plug it again?
Message 2 of 10
Secretdook
Aspirant

Sasword wrote:
Have you tried to reboot your GSM7328Sv2 by unplugging its power cable from the power outlet then re-plug it again?

I have yes, hasn't cleared the error.
Message 3 of 10
RX
Luminary
Luminary

It seems that your GSM7328Sv2 turns out to be faulty. I suggest that you should contact Netgear Support and check if your GSM7328Sv2 is still valid for a replacement: http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/#tab-call
Message 4 of 10
Secretdook
Aspirant

Sasword wrote:
It seems that your GSM7328Sv2 turns out to be faulty. I suggest that you should contact Netgear Support and check if your GSM7328Sv2 is still valid for a replacement: http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/#tab-call

Apologies for the delay.

I've managed to get my hands on a serial cable and it turns out that both the primary and backup firmware images are corrupt and non-bootable.
Message 5 of 10
Secretdook
Aspirant

UPDATE:

I did load the operational code package onto the switch.
It tried booting the code, rebooted again and I'm getting no boot code from the switch itself.

I'm unable to return the switch as I'm not the original purchaser.

Any help would be brilliant.
Message 6 of 10
Nhellie
Virtuoso

Try resetting the switch using the sequence below:

Note: You'll be pressing the Factory default button for a total of 90 seconds.

1. While the switch is on (powered), push and hold the Factory default button for 30 seconds.
2. Turn off the switch, continue to hold the Factory default button for another 30 seconds.
3. Turn on the switch, still holding the Factory default button do this for 30 seconds more.
4. Release the Factory default button, let the switch boot by itself.
5. After about 2-5 minutes, see if you can access the switches interface.
Message 7 of 10
Secretdook
Aspirant

Nhellie26 wrote:
Try resetting the switch using the sequence below:

Note: You'll be pressing the Factory default button for a total of 90 seconds.

1. While the switch is on (powered), push and hold the Factory default button for 30 seconds.
2. Turn off the switch, continue to hold the Factory default button for another 30 seconds.
3. Turn on the switch, still holding the Factory default button do this for 30 seconds more.
4. Release the Factory default button, let the switch boot by itself.
5. After about 2-5 minutes, see if you can access the switches interface.

Erm.

This switch doesn't have that button, only a reset button on the front.
Message 8 of 10
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Secretdook,

As I have read this thread, it seems that your GSM7328Sv2 really turns out to be faulty.   Since getting a replacement from Netgear is not possible, I recommend getting a GSM7328Sv2 switch.  Kindly check out the authorized resellers of Netgear on this link below where you could possibly purchase a new GSM7328Sv2 switch:

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/NETGEAR%20Authorized%20Resellers.pdf

Regards,

DaneA

Netgear Community Team

Message 9 of 10
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Secretdook, 

Upon checking our system, it appears that the RMA has already been processed. We'll look forward to your update once you recieve the replacement unit. 

Thanks, 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements