× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Questions about connecting my ISP's Pace Gateway 5268AC to Netgear GS748t switch

mjz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Questions about connecting my ISP's Pace Gateway 5268AC to Netgear GS748t switch

I posted this topic under modems, but still unable to connect my switch to the ISP's modem/router.

AT&T supplied me with a new PACE 5268AC modem/router. It has 4 ethernet ports on the back which I plugged my two switches into. One is a Linksys SR2024 and it connects fine. The port LED's light up and that switch functions. 

When I connect my GS748t to the second Pace ethernet port - nothing happens. No led's light up and the switch is not recognized at all. The switch is on and waiting. When I connect the netgear switch into the Linksys switch - it works. The switch gets it IP address from the PACE's DHCP server and the devices connecte to the Netgear connect. 

Is there a configuration on the GS748t that I can set that would cause it to be recognized? I have no understanding of what could be happening and if there is a solution. I'd like to separate the linksys from the netgear so I can have two separate segments (isolate multicast traffic - IGMP doesn't work for me).

My previous AT&T router/modem discovered the GS748T just fine. So there is something different about the PACE router/modem. I searched the Pace's documentation and Netgear and can't find a way to make this work. So any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
mjz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Questions about connecting my ISP's Pace Gateway 5268AC to Netgear GS748t switch

i found the answer for anyone else with this issue ...

I posted this problem on the AT&T forum as well.

Someone replied to switch off auto-detect on the port the netgear switch is connected and to set to maximum speed (i.e. 100baseT).

Also - to change the port on the Netgear switch that the Pace connects from auto to the same fixed speed as the PACE router.

Once I did that, the LED's lit up on both ports and my switch connected. All is working now - and most important, I have been able to isolate the UVERSE multicast IPTV packets. My wireless devices are working again at the same time as TV's!

It was a simple fix.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
mjz
Apprentice
Apprentice

i found the answer for anyone else with this issue ...

I posted this problem on the AT&T forum as well.

Someone replied to switch off auto-detect on the port the netgear switch is connected and to set to maximum speed (i.e. 100baseT).

Also - to change the port on the Netgear switch that the Pace connects from auto to the same fixed speed as the PACE router.

Once I did that, the LED's lit up on both ports and my switch connected. All is working now - and most important, I have been able to isolate the UVERSE multicast IPTV packets. My wireless devices are working again at the same time as TV's!

It was a simple fix.

Message 2 of 3
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mjz, 

Thank you for sharing this information. I am sure that this will help other community members if they experience the same issue. 

Thanks,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements