× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

REST APIs for NETGEAR

djdrastic
Guide

REST APIs for NETGEAR

Hi Netgear support, I see in the latest firmware release notes that REST API's are now supported on the platform.

Enhancements:

• Added REST APIs for NETGEAR partners to develop the applications.

Will the REST API's ever be published for users/consumers for network automation ? We've been using raw ssh commands via ansible for scripting/automation but working with API's is a lot less cludgy than just plain ssh.

Would be really awesome if something at this price point could be API programmable and managed fully via Ansible/Python.

Model: XSM4324CS|M4300-24X - Stackable Managed Switch with 24x10GBASE-T
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: REST APIs for NETGEAR

@LaurentMa is called here please, merci!

Message 2 of 4
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hi there

thank you, good spot!

Yes absolutely, the Rest API is now available in M4300 and M4500 switches, the agent is built-in in the firmware already.

We have all the documentation ready, but we have a special process to deliver it. Please reach out to ProAVDesign@netgear.com by email and we will deliver it to you.

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
TimJL
Tutor

I would also vey really interested in their being a vendor supported Ansible Collection/Module for Netgear M4300's. 

Someone who is more versed with the Netgear Rest API could possibly use ansible-community/ansible.content_builder: A collection to scaffold Ansible plugins. (github.com) to build an ansible module.

I gave it a very quick go and had no luck but I am pretty sure its something in my environment. Someone else might have more luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements