× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SFP+ 10 Gig managed network switch

Anto0506
Aspirant

SFP+ 10 Gig managed network switch

hi looking to source a 3GB -10 GB SFP+ network switch, have a minimum of 4 eth ports.

Need the unit to be as compact as possible as it will be housed in a confined space

Also looking to Source SFP +

Optical SFP+ would need to be compatible with 2 Wavelengths i.e TX and RX 

Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SFP+ 10 Gig managed network switch

@Anto0506,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Since you are looking for a compact fully managed switch, you may want to consider the M4300-8X8F switch model.  It has 8x10GBASE-X SFP+ ports and 8x10GBASE-T ports.  Its dimensions are as follows: 
Width: 8.35 inches (21.2 cm) (half-width);

Height: 1U - 1.73 inches (4.4 cm);

Depth: 13.58 inches (34.5 cm)

To know more about its specifications as well as the compatible SFP+ modules for the M4300-8X8F switch, kindly check the M4300 data sheet here.

Furthermore, NETGEAR has a vast variety of NETGEAR Business Switch Models.  Kindly check other business switch models that might fit your network requirements on the link below: 

NETGEAR Switch Selector

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Anto0506
Aspirant

Re: SFP+ 10 Gig managed network switch

Hi

Thank you for coming back to me

The model suggested is too large

I also looked at ms510txup.

Please note that I need to house this switch in a Subsea bottle. Please see attached pics

Available power supply in the bottle are 5Vdc ,12Vdc,24Vdc or 48VDC

Also the switch can be mounted directly to support plate in bottle. Can we save space without the plastic enclosure.

Size limitation are as such length 250mm

Its height and depth would need to be accommodated into a circular space 153mm in diameter including RJ45 connections (Please see attached  pics)

Also note that anything from 4 to 8 Lan ports would be fine

Also note that a SFP+ optical port would be preferable over and XFP port

Best Regards

Anthony

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements