× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SIP telephony and VoIP -> QoS

QandA
Follower

SIP telephony and VoIP -> QoS

Dear Ladies and Gentleman,

We are now using SIP telephony and VoIP in our Company. We need to make sure, all our switches are configured correctly for QoS. Sadly there are not actual guides for every switch we use in the “connection chain” from virtual telephone system to VoIP telephone or telephony software client in the firmware we use. Can you please help me set up every switch for SIP telephony and VoIP using QoS? Also there are errors in guides (for example https://kb.netgear.com/21757/How-do-I-configure-differentiated-services-DiffServ-for-Voice-over-IP-V...) where text says go to xyz and picture shows what’s actually is right. Also first step of KB is reset after klicking “CoS Interface Configuration” again. And step 5 f and g are not selectable at the same time. I only can choose one! Also on M4300-28G ProSAFE I can/need to choose a “Policy Out Name” at “Service Interface Configuration” where at other switches there is only “Policy In Name”?

So first, these are the Switches we use, they are also listed in Model select at top of this Topic:

S1:

Switch                  Firmware            count                                   

JGS516PE            2.6.0.24                32                          

GS750E                1.0.1.4                  1                            

GS752TS              5.3.0.31                3 (Stack)

M4300-28G ProSAFE 24-port 1G and 2-port 10GBASE-T and 2-port 10G SFP+     12.0.2.15             1

S2:

GSM7352Sv2 48-Port Gigabit Layer 3 Stackable Managed Switch with 2 10G SFP+ port 10.0.0.53             1

GS750E                1.0.0.22                5

S3:

M4300-28G ProSAFE 24-port 1G and 2-port 10GBASE-T and 2-port 10G SFP+     12.0.7.12             3 (Stack)

GS748TS                              V5.2.0.5               2 (Stack)             

GS748TS                              V5.2.0.5               2 (Stack)             

GS724T                                V1.0.3_35           1

These are the hardware and software client Telephones we use:

Alcatel 8038 Premium Desk Phone (Hardware Telephone)

Alcatel 8058s Premium Desk Phone (Hardware telephone)

IP Desktop Softphone for Alcatel-Lucent (Software client telephone)

Telephone system sets RTF to EF (46) and SIP to 40.

First to Switches

M4300-28G ProSAFE 24-port 1G and 2-port 10GBASE-T and 2-port 10G SFP+,

GSM7352Sv2 48-Port Gigabit Layer 3 Stackable Managed Switch with 2 10G SFP+ port,

GS752TS

Here I can configure as written in your Guide https://kb.netgear.com/21757/How-do-I-configure-differentiated-services-DiffServ-for-Voice-over-IP-V... . But there are problems as written in introduction.

From Step 1, Queue ID is not saved. I can only change “Scheduler Type” to “Strict” and “Queue Management Type” to “taildrop” and only if I don`t enter a Queue ID. If I enter Queue ID 5 and then reload “CoS Interface Configuration”, Queue ID is 0 again.

From Step 5, I should choose two options, but can only choose one. I guess g is the right one?

From step 7, guide says I should check only Interface 1/0/2. Why is that? I think I need to choose All because policy should be applied to all ports, right?

Is there anything more to configure I need?

I also set at QoS -> CoS -> Advanced -> IP DSCP Queue Mapping:

Interface “All”

IP DSCP 40=4

IP DSCP 46=5

What does I have to set at QoS -> CoS -> BASIC -> CoS Configuration?

Actually it is “Global” to “All” and “Global Trust Mode” to “trust dot1p

Next to Switches

GS750E

JGS516PE

Here I cannot choose any of above to configure. I only can set “QoS -> Global Configuration to “802.1p/DSCP Based”

Rate Limit doesn’t seem to apply.

I don’t know if we need “Broadcast Filtering”, what is common configuration for VoIP?

Last to Switches:

GS748TS

GS724T

These are old Switches, I does not have any options as above Switches. What do I have to configure here?

Please help! If you need any more Information, don`t hesitate to PM me. Thank you.

Model: GS724T|24-port Gigabit Smart Switch, GS750E|48 Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch with 2 SFP Ports, GS752TS(B)|ProSAFE 48-Port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch with 4 SFP uplinks, GSM4328S|M4300-28G - Stackable Managed Switch with 24x1G and 4x10G including 2x10GBASE-T and 2xSFP+ Layer 3, GSM7352Sv2|ProSafe 48 ports managed L3 gigabit stackable switch, JGS516PE|ProSafe Plus 16 ports switch with PoE, GS748TS|ProSafe Gigabit Stackable Smart switch|EOL
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements