× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SNMP MS510TXUP-100NAS

klam238
Aspirant

SNMP MS510TXUP-100NAS

Hi,

I have ordered a new switch MS510TXUP-100NAS. Is possible to query wattage / voltage / current used in EACH port with snmpget v2. I see this data displayed on the webpage UI but can't find a way to see this via snmp.

I'm well aware that I can get the total power in wattage across all ports by doing:

snmpget -v2c -c [community] [switch_ip] SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2.105.1.3.1.1.4.1

Is this also possible for the GS510TLP?

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: SNMP MS510TXUP-100NAS

The supported MIBs are listed on the devices under System -> SNMP -> Supported MIBs. 

The RFC 3621 Power Ethernet MIB, December 2003, does define the Management Information Base (MIB). In particular, it's a set of MIB objects to manage Power Ethernet [IEEE-802.3af] Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE).

POWER-ETHERNET-MIB The MIB module for managing Power Source Equipment (PSE) works according to the IEEE 802.3 Powered Ethernet standard.

The only power numbers available in the SNMP MIB are;

pethMainPsePower 1.3.6.1.2.1.105.1.3.1.1.2 The nominal power of the PSE expressed in Watts.

pethMainPseConsumptionPower 1.3.6.1.2.1.105.1.3.1.1.4 Measured usage power expressed in Watts.

Different from the Web UI, there is no standardized MIB for the power usage per port.

pethMainPseTable.PNG

Message 2 of 4
klam238
Aspirant

Ok, so it looks like GS510TLP has measuring capabilities because it supports NETGEAR-POWER-ETHERNET-MIB

However, MS510TXUP does not list NETGEAR-POWER-ETHERNET-MIB, so I'm concluding it's not possible to measure on the POE++ switch

Is that correct?

Is there a firmware upgrade or something that would get NETGEAR-POWER-ETHERNET-MIB to work on MS510TXUP?

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@klam238 wrote:

Ok, so it looks like GS510TLP has measuring capabilities because it supports NETGEAR-POWER-ETHERNET-MIB

Haven't spotted any updates or deployments of the fastPathpowerEthernetMIB for a longer time on newer products - would be nice to have of course:

NETGEAR-POWER-ETHERNET-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

-- Copyright Netgear Inc (2003-2015) All rights reserved.

-- This SNMP Management Information Specification
-- embodies Netgear Inc's confidential and proprietary
-- intellectual property. Netgear Inc retains all title
-- and ownership in the Specification including any revisions.

-- This Specification is supplied "AS IS", Netgear Inc
-- makes no warranty, either expressed or implied,
-- as to the use, operation, condition, or performance of the
-- Specification.

IMPORTS
MODULE-IDENTITY, OBJECT-TYPE, Integer32, Gauge32 FROM SNMPv2-SMI
TruthValue FROM SNMPv2-TC
ng700smartswitch FROM NETGEAR-REF-MIB
DisplayString FROM RFC1213-MIB
pethPsePortEntry, pethMainPseEntry FROM POWER-ETHERNET-MIB;

fastPathpowerEthernetMIB MODULE-IDENTITY
LAST-UPDATED "201803020000Z" -- 02 Mar 2018 12:00:00 GMT