× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SSH instant logout upon successful connection [XSM7224S]

BlueFusion
Aspirant

SSH instant logout upon successful connection [XSM7224S]

Hello,

My XSM7224S switch has SSH enabled and both RSA and DSA keys generated.  SSH versions 1 and 2 are both enabled (generally I have version 1 disabled, but I am trying anything I can to get it to work).  The timeout is 5 minutes, and max sessions is 5, with no active connections.

Every time I login to SSH, when I successfully authenticate, the session immediately is ended by the switch.  I am using RADIUS for authentication on HTTP/HTTPS, ssh, and console port.  It works correctly on all, including SSH as it prompts for password again if I use an invalid username or password not in RADIUS.  It simply immediately ends the session when logging in via SSH.

What should I do next?

Model: XSM7224S|ProSAFE 24-port Managed 10G Stackable fiber Switch
Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SSH instant logout upon successful connection [XSM7224S]

Hi @BlueFusion,

Welcome to the community! 🙂  

I inquired your concern to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support and got a feedback.  As per the higher tier of NETGEAR Support, the running config of the XSM7224S switch needs to be checked.  You may attach the running config here or it would be best if you open a chat or online support ticket with NETGEAR Support here at anytime for technical assistance.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements