× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Stacked switch stuck on boot up flashing amber/yellow led - M5300-52G3

tahiti25
Aspirant

Stacked switch stuck on boot up flashing amber/yellow led - M5300-52G3

dI have the following setup for a cctv solution and I am experiencing the issue described in the subject with switch 3 =

Management Switch 1 - Netgear M5300-28GF3

Slave Switch 2 - Netgear M5300-52G3

Slave Switch 3 - Netgear M5300-52G3

I have attempted to reset the 3rd switch but this does not appear to do anything. The other lights on the left of the switch are solid green, however the stack id shows 1 not 3 none of the copper ports are lit and neither is the fibre ports. To the far right 3 green led lights are lit near to some copper ports.

I have rebooted all 3 switched both 1 & 2 come back ok but the 3rd goes back to flashing amber/yellow the manual states this state to be "system boot-up has failed or there is some other failure." not really that helpful any suggestions on how to get this switch to load correctly.

Kind regards

Neil

Model: M5300-52G3 (GSM7352Sv2h2)|ProSafe 48 ports managed L3 gigabit stackable switch
Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Stacked switch stuck on boot up flashing amber/yellow led - M5300-52G3

Hi @tahiti25,

Kindly remove the 3rd switch from the stack and check if you can still access it via CLI.  If ever CLI access is possible, kindly try to perform Xmodem.  Kindly access the article below and use it as reference guide:

https://kb.netgear.com/21/What-do-I-do-when-my-FSM-managed-switch-does-not-boot-up

Otherwise, I advised you to open a chat or online support ticket with NETGEAR Support anytime and kindly state your concern.  If ever the support expert declared that your 3rd switch from the stack is faulty, be ready to submit a .pdf or .doc copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of it for warranty verification. If the hardware warranty is still valid, an online replacement will follow. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements