× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Summer Time / Daylight Saving Time

alarmologist
Aspirant

Summer Time / Daylight Saving Time

Hi,

In the Summer Time Configuration of my M4100-50G-POE+,  XS712T and M7100-24X switches when I select Recurring USA the Begins At and Ends At settings are not configurable, as expected, but start and end both display the first Sunday of January.  Is this expected?  DST starts in March and ends in November.  Will it actually adjust in the correct months?  

My M4100s are on firmware 10.0.2.20, my  XS712Ts are on 6.1.0.34, and my M7100-24Xs are on 11.0.0.10

When I select Recurring I can select the correct months, but I just want to confirm I understand the Offset field. I should enter 60 to set them one hour ahead?  I found a description of the Offset field in the manual for the XS712T, but not the other switches, they appear the same though.

I haven't found any known issues with DST or time settings for my models by Googling, is there a better place to look for know issues on netgear.com?

Model: M4100-50G-POE+ (GSM7248P)|ProSafe 50 ports gigabits fully managed L2 switch with PoE+
Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@alarmologist,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy 

I haven't found any known issues with DST or time settings for my models by Googling, is there a better place to look for know issues on netgear.com?

As far as I have checked, there are no issues logged pertaining to DST or Time Configuration on the M4100-50G-POE+, XS712T and M7100-24X switches. 

In the Summer Time Configuration of my M4100-50G-POE+,  XS712T and M7100-24X switches when I select Recurring USA the Begins At and Ends At settings are not configurable, as expected, but start and end both display the first Sunday of January.  Is this expected?  DST starts in March and ends in November.  Will it actually adjust in the correct months?  

When I select Recurring I can select the correct months, but I just want to confirm I understand the Offset field. I should enter 60 to set them one hour ahead?  I found a description of the Offset field in the manual for the XS712T, but not the other switches, they appear the same though.

Let me inquire these and I'll post an update. 

My M4100s are on firmware 10.0.2.20, my  XS712Ts are on 6.1.0.34, and my M7100-24Xs are on 11.0.0.10

It would be best that you update the firmware of your switches to the latest version.  Kindly access the links below to download their respective latest firmware versions:

M4100 Firmware Version 10.0.2.35

XS712T Firmware Version 6.1.0.36

M7100 Firmware Version 11.0.0.40

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
alarmologist
Aspirant

Hi Dane, 

Thanks for your response.  I decided to just try the manual Recurring settings, the offset field for the M7100 and M4100 is the same as the XS712T, it's set in minutes.  All my switches are in production, so I'm very careful even with settings that aren't usually of much consequence.  

Now I have to read all the release notes of the intermediate versions of firmware for those models, a GS752TPP and a stack of M4300-52Gs to make sure I understand how we will be affected by anything that has changed.  

Thanks,

Emanuel

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@alarmologist,

I got a feedback from the higher tier of NETGEAR Support.  Kindly read below: 

Yes, as it doesn’t know what the monthly calendar it is yet and thus uses January as a place holder.  Once the time is updated from the NTP server, it should correct the day/month to the correct values.  US Recurring uses our 2nd Sunday in March and 1st Sunday in November.

Yes, the offset is the amount of minutes to shift when the time is adjusted.  Set the time to Standard time (winter) and then it will adjust to daylight savings time by advancing what you set the offset to when it triggers.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements