× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Switch Advice

Ray79
Follower

Switch Advice

Community-

I am looking to purchase a managed PoE 16 port Gigabit switch for my home. I am very NEW to switches (NOVICE). It will be connecting my cameras, internet, home security system, TVs, etc..I would like honest objective reviews. I am looking at the GS116E200NAS, but not sure. 

Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Ray79,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The GS116E-200NAS is the product order code for the GS116Ev2 switch being sold in North and Latin America.  

Does your cameras supports PoE?  If yes, I will not advise the GS116Ev2 switch.  The GS116Ev2 belongs to the Smart Managed Plus switches of NETGEAR which gives user the flexibility to configure certain static layer 2 settings in order to improve network efficiency and performance.  The configurable features are Port Mirroring and VLAN.  Also, Smart Managed Plus switches does not support management VLAN.  

I advised you the Smart Managed Pro switches of NETGEAR such as the GS418TPP.  Smart Managed Pro switches has many of the benefits of a managed switch without the complexity or cost of a fully managed switch. With a Smart Managed Pro switch, you can monitor ports, configure VLANs, configure management VLAN and set prioritization, all with an intuitive Web interface.   

The GS418TPP is a 16-port switch wherein all ports supports PoE/PoE+ on all 16 ethernet ports and has a PoE budget of 240W.  For more information about its specifications, access the link below:

GS418TPP Data Sheet

Furthermore, click on the link below to know more NETGEAR switch models that might fit your network needs:

NETGEAR Switch Selector

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Ray79,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have further inquiries. 

Otherwise, if ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements