× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Switch : Same traffic on different ports

Benoit72
Aspirant

Switch : Same traffic on different ports

Hello,

Since few days, on my Netgear Switch M4300-28G, I have same traffic according Zabbix on different ports (see pictures below with 3 different ports). How to analyze this problem (broadcast ?) ? I know, it's not a switch problem but i don't know where to seach.

Thanks for your help.

Zabbix-Sametraffic.png

Model: M5300-28G (GSM7228S)|ProSafe 24-port Gigabit L2+ Managed Stackable Switch
Message 1 of 2
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Switch : Same traffic on different ports

Hi @Benoit72,

Welcome to the community!

First, could you please run below two CLI command to collect all interface counters? We can check every port in/out packets(Unicast/Multicast/Broadcast) based on this statistics counters.

'clear counters all

show interface counters'

Then, if we find the certain port that received a lot of abnormal packets(Maybe broadcast or multicast). We can created a port mirror session to capture the packet,  analysis these packet detailed info, and find out the root cause.

Hope it helps! 

Regards,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

EricZ                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

NETGEAR employee

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements