× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Switch freezes after some days working OK

MarkusKern
Tutor

Switch freezes after some days working OK

After some days working correctly some of our several of our switches freeze. Is this a known behavor? What can I do to overcome the problem? I need the switches (GSM4328PS) accessable all time. The switches are running with firmware version 12.0.2.12.

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
Hopchen
Prodigy

Hi @MarkusKern

When did this begin? Did anyone make any changes before this started occurring?

What do you mean by "freeze"? Will the switch still pass traffic, but you cannot access the GUI? Or does the switch stop passing any traffic at all?

How do you "solve" it temporarily? Do you reboot and it then works again for a while?

Cheers

Message 2 of 8
MarkusKern
Tutor

Hi

Thanks for your reply. This behavior exists since we installed the switches. There are some which behave correctly and others with the problem mentioned. After powering off the devices and restarting them they behave correctly for some time.

Message 3 of 8
Hopchen
Prodigy

Thanks for clarification.

Can I ask that you upload the Tech Support file to this thread? It would be helpful to see it. We would need to see a tech support file from one of the problematic switches.

Please remove any passwords and serial numbers, from the file, before uploading.

Cheers 

Message 4 of 8
MarkusKern
Tutor

Good morning

On one of the switches I retrieved the tech support file from I installed the most recent firmware last Friday. This one was running normally this morning. The other one has beed rebooted last week and froze again in between. I appended the two text files to the pdf-document attached. The number group at the end of the filename (shonw on each page) shows the actual firmware and allows the distinction of the switches.

Kind regards

Message 5 of 8
Hopchen
Prodigy

Hi @MarkusKern

Thanks for the files. I do not see anything really alarming in these TS files. No crash-dumps either. I suggest you get hold of support - let them take a deeper look. They can setup logging to monitor the system, to see what is going on.

Login to my.netgear.com and register your devices (if they aren't already) and raise a ticked that way.

Cheers

Message 6 of 8
MarkusKern
Tutor

Hi

Thanks for your support. All our devices are registered Support by phone or e-mail is already expired. Do I need a service contract?

Well the other solution would be claiming an RMA. But I do not think that this would solve the issue as the different devices do not origine of the same order / delivery.

Kind regards

Message 7 of 8
Hopchen
Prodigy

Hi @MarkusKern

I will send you a PM.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos