× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Sync light flashing

BennyCasper
Follower

Sync light flashing

Hi,

We have newly purchased 6 x S3300-28X switches, put them in a stack model,  Everything working fine with reasonable network performance but ALL ports on ALL 6 x S3300 switches flash in sync.  We have tried turning 5 off and only keeping the one with uplink to the core on but no improvement at all.

It there anything wrong or this is a normal behavior on this mobel of switch?

Model: S3300-28X (GS728TX)|ProSafe 24 ports stackable smart switches
Message 1 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Sync light flashing

Hi BennyCasper,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

If the network goes down with the LEDs flashing in sync indicates that there is a broadcast storm. But as you've said, everything works flawlessly. The LEDs normally flash if it is transmitting or receiving packets.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Sync light flashing

@BennyCasper,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything is ok now or you still need further assistance.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements