× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

University project switch advice

PerpetualNet
Follower

University project switch advice

Hi
I'm hoping to find some advice.
As part of my university end of year project is to design and cost an IT infrastructure for a 60 employee business.
I'm looking at a pair of 48 port layer 3 switches with 4 or 6 10gbe copper SFP. I'm using a pair of hyper V servers to host the various services and there are also 12 printers.
Originally I was looking at the whole Cisco approach of employing a collapsed core, a layer three distribution switch and then using a pair of 48 port switches for access. However as the project progressed I started thinking that the distribution switch was overkill and that I could get away with just the two 48 port switches for end users and the servers.
Ok so I've been looking at Netgear switches as an alternative to what ive spent my time learning on(Cisco) and I'm just hoping to get some feedback on good Netgear products that could support the project.

Thank you for your time
Message 1 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: University project switch advice

Hi PerpetualNet,

Welcome to our community!

I suggest the NETGEAR M4300 series. The NETGEAR M4300 Stackable Switch Series delivers L2/L3/L4 and IPv4/IPv6 cost-effective services for mid-enterprise edge with full PoE+ and SMB core deployments with unrivalled ease of use: 10 Gigabit models can seamlessly stack with 1 Gigabit models within the series, enabling spine and leaf line-rate stacking topologies.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: University project switch advice

@PerpetualNet,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything is ok now or you still need further assistance.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements